Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cruise, Part Deux


Ok, today the Sapphire Princess arrived at Melbourne, Australia at 9:00 am Thursday Australia time, or 2:00 pm Wednesday here on the U.S. West Coast. The high temperature for the day was 67 with cloudy skies. In fact, it was lightly raining in the morning when they arrived. My parents were scheduled for a 4-hour city tour. They visited the Melbourne Observation Deck with 360 degree views of the city, 64 acre Fitzroy Gardens, the Shrine of Remembrance, which is a war memorial, and other city sights including some churches with interesting architecture. They will be there until 6:00 pm Australia time. The next day is a full day at sea, then Tasmania. Wonder if they'll see the Tasmanian Devil.

1 comment:

DrillerAA said...

I think I could really enjoy a trip to Australia. I actually thought about living there for a couple of years when I was much, much younger and had no family ties.
Thanks for sharing some great photographs.