Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Your Virtual Cruise, Part I



My parents are currently 'down under' on an Australia/New Zealand cruise. (Lucky them.) I can't seem to get the cheesy Men At Work lyrics out of my head. Anyway, I thought I'd make a daily post out of their itinerary.

They actually left Phoenix late last Thursday, the 21st. They flew to San Francisco and left there at 11:30 pm for Sydney. It's a 14 hour flight. Ouch. So they finally got there at 8:15 am Sydney time on Saturday morning, which was 1:15 pm Friday here in PST. They had Saturday to themselves. My brother, a movie editor, is in Sydney working on X-Men Origins:Wolverine, so he met them at their hotel and drove them around a bit. (They sit on the wrong side of the car there and drive on the wrong side of the road, which would be hard to get used to.) On Sunday they were taken on a tour of the Blue Mountains. Kinda looks like the Grand Canyon with hair. On Monday they had a tour of Sydney, and on Tuesday, the ship left. They will arrive in Melbourne Thursday morning Australia time, which is Wednesday afternoon here.

And now, please welcome, MEN AT WORK!!




2 comments:

TLR said...

Thanks Joyce, I needed a vaction

Jose said...

Lucky them is right, that just sound too awesome.