Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Today, she's a my birthday too!!

Forty-five years ago today my mother gave birth to a beautiful 7 lb 8oz blue-eyed baby girl. She was the apple of her father's eye and the most beautiful thing her two big brothers had ever seen. Why, she was the darling of Van Nuys, California. People came from blocks around just to be in her presence.

Ok, ok. Enough of the fairy tale stuff. It's my birthday today. Happy birthday to me! I think we're going out for Mexican food tonight. My present was the bikes we got about 3 weeks ago. In fact, that was my husband's birthday present too, and his birthday isn't until September!

By the way, the line in the title is from an episode of I Love Lucy when they are in Italy and it's little Ricky's birthday. A little Italian boy tells Lucy "Hey! What do you know? Today, she's a MY birthday too!". Congrats to anyone who got the reference before I explained it.

8 comments:

Amy, aka ABB said...

I totally got the "lucy" reference! Happy Birthday to you, Joyce! I went virtual shopping last night and got you this: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Tiffany-style-3-way-Butterfly-Lamp/2325192/product.html?

Hope you like it!
Amy

Joyce said...

Amy, the url apparently got cut off, but I see that word Tiffany, so I'm all over it, whatever it is!! :)

Angie said...

Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh...You say it's your birthday...duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh...It's my birthday too! They say it's your birthday! We're gonna have a good time...

Happy birthday, Joycey Baby! (AKA Joyve)

Hope you have a great day/evening!

Amy, aka ABB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy, aka ABB said...

I tried to send it as a picture link, but it got cut off too so I deleted the comment. Sorry. It's a lovely Tiffany style lamp with 3 butterflies.

Joyce said...

I saw it in the shoutbox at slim's blog, Amy. It's GORGEOUS!! I want it!!

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. I really had a great birthday. :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Have a very Happy Birthday, Joyce.

Lisa said...

I thought of you on June 3rd. I really did! I have every June 3rd since we were kids. I hope you had a great birthday!

I've been so busy with school ending etc., but now I am back and checking blogs, and maybe even writing in mine soon.

Oh, and I did NOT catch the I Love Lucy reference, but as soon as you mentioned it I could picture the whole episode. It was a sweet one-little Ricky listening on the phone with his confused wee baby face. aaaah.

Again, hope your 45th was a happy.