Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First camping trip of the Summer season ...... Otherwise known as: Shock of the year - I'm actually blogging!!

I know, I know. You're shocked to see that I've posted something. It's only been 5 months. Gimme a break!

We kicked off the summer by going on our first camping trip of the year, and boy did we get lucky with the weather. We went to a State Park called Fort Stevens on the northern tip of the Oregon coast. There is a shipwreck that has been on the beach since 1904, I think. I'm too lazy to look it up. The ship was called the Peter Iredale. Someone research it and report back.







We had a great time. The kids relaxed....
...while the grownups played. Hmmm, that's different!

The place is called Fort Stevens because it's an old military installation that was active from the late 1800's until the end of WWII. This is one of the batteries. (I didn't know what it meant either.) It's where they had huge guns that could shoot miles out into the sea. They never fired an attack, but were fired upon.

It was a great way to get the summer started. We have 3 more camping trips planned, as well as a trip to Crater Lake. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Iredale_(ship)