Thursday, January 24, 2008

Help! My pants are falling down!

Well, they're not actually falling down, but they're loose. I've lost 8 pounds since the first of the year. Woo Hooooooo!!!!!!!! Not that it's been easy, but I'm proud of how I've stuck to it. I've tried soooo many times before. It really helps that my husband is doing it with me. We don't like the same foods so we make separate meals, but we make them together. And we go to the gym together. We've gone 5 times per week without fail, and we're there for an hour. Maybe a little more. I just hope we can keep it up. I'm going to Arizona to visit my parents in February, he's going to Reno with his Dad and brothers in April, and we are both going on a cruise in July. Those will be the challenges. More so for me due to the diabetes. I have to eat small meals at 6 specific times each day and have to count carbohydrate servings. He can stray a little bit more than I can. But I'm really confident this time around and that helps a lot.

4 comments:

Jose said...

Joyce said...
Where is Avondale compared to Sun City, where my parents live? Btw, I'll be in Sun City in February. Yippeeeeee!!! Warmth!! It's in the 20's here in Oregon.

10:32 AM



Jose said...
joyce - I remember when we met at Slims almost two years ago you mentioned your parents lived here in Sun City. Sun City is north of Avondale, 30 minutes at the most. Coming on I-10 from L.A. as you almost get to Phoenix first you'll drive through Buckeye, then Goodyear, and the next city is Avondale. I am by the I-10 and 101 loop area.

Jose said...

That is awesome you are exercising. I wish I had my membership but right now I don't have the time so it would only be wasted money, meantime I continue to walk during my lunch hour.

I am 10 away from the new Cardinal Stadium and as you know Super Bowl is coming, it's going to be crazy but we'll live. It shold be fun thogh.

We took a five day cruise for hour 25th Wedding Anniversary and 18 of my relatives came with us. Including my three kids and their spouces. It was a lot a fun. We did the Royal Caribean one. We bowed to take another cruise soon. They are so much fun.

DrillerAA said...

Wooo Hooo!! I think you may be having more success with the weight loss than I. But you're working at it harder.

On another note. If you're looking to stay in the "point and shoot" digital camera crowd, I would look seriously at the Canon S5IS. It is a high end point and shoot, but it has a hot shoe so you can add a flash later. If you decide to move all the way up the the digital SLR then I think the Nikon D80 offers the best package out of the box. The 18-135mm zoom is not offered by anyone else!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa said...

Congrats to my old buddy. Way to go! weeeeee!