Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's in YOUR mug? (THIS IS MY 50TH POST!!!)

After posting this, I realized it was my 50th post!!! So do I get a gold watch or something?

I got this from Driller's Blog and thought it was a fun idea. He got it from someone else, and so on. Go to his blog to find the original source if you are so inclined.

Describe your favorite coffee mug. Is it large or small, plain or with a design? Does it have a big man-sized handle or a tiny little teacup-sized one? Maybe you got it on vacation, maybe it has a funny saying on it, or maybe it's an insulated travel mug. And what kind of beverage do you put in it? Is it always coffee? Do you take it black or with cream, sugar, or both? Whatever the case may be, leave a comment and let us know!

I have several mugs and have included a picture of three of them. I happen to enjoy Winnie the Pooh and his friends, and they are well represented in my mug repertoire. I also have a couple of I Love Lucy mugs, as I am a Lucy lover from way back. Then there are the vacation ones; Hawaii and Las Vegas just to name a couple.

The really funny thing is that I don't drink that much coffee! If I do, it's black. I enjoy it at a restaurant for breakfast or for a fancy dinner, but I really don't drink it much at home for some reason. My husband drinks a few cups every day of his life, but I'd rather drink something cold. Every now and then in the winter I'll have some hot spiced cider. Yum. I just like coffee mugs. Nobody ever said you had to actually USE them.

So how about you? Comment here and feel free to continue this topic onto your blog. Be sure to link mine in your post.

5 comments:

Thumper said...

I feel kind of boring...my only real mug is a thermal stainless steel cup. It does keep things nice and toasty, though!

Hi from Michele's!

Catherine said...

My favourite mug has a hen on it. Check it out at www.happyhens.co.nz
When you said you are paying $3.79 for petrol, I assume you mean per gallon? The prices I quoted are for litres, there are about 3.85 litres in an American gallon, I gather.

DrillerAA said...

Hmm...have you got Tigger on one?

Thanks for mentioning June 14. I ammended my post to include Flag Day, although I don't remember ever getting that day off from work. I think that one is reserved for postal workers.

Anonymous said...

I don't drink coffee so I guess that leaves me out of this one :(

Jose said...

I used to collect coffee mugs but over the years my kids broke them one by one. I used to buy a souvenier mug everywhere we went. These days we have insulated mugs where I work which we pass as gifts to customers and I carry mine daily (actually I have about 5 of them) with my coffee. My comute to work is 20 miles and my coffee stays warm all the way. What I like about these mugs is that they hold two regular cups of coffee so when I get to work I don't have to drink any more.