Sunday, May 25, 2008

A lovely Saturday drive

On Saturday, we decided to take a drive to the Quartzville Recreation Corridor east of Albany, Oregon near Sweet Home. It's a 50 mile-long back-country byway connecting Hwy. 20 & Hwy. 22. The first half of it follows Quartzville Creek, and that's the part we went to. The color of the creek is a gorgeous turquoise. Apparently there is plenty of gold to be found. We saw a few people trying to get their share. There is also fishing, camping, boating, swimming, hiking, you name it. It was gorgeous, and we will definitely go there again. I took way too many pictures, 6 of which are below. Enjoy.







4 comments:

DrillerAA said...

Great pictures.
The bridge is really nice.
The creek looks tailor made for trout or smallmouth.
That old log is a very nice photo, suitable for framing.

Andi said...

Do you know what kind of flower that last photo is? Very pretty.

Joyce said...

I'm sorry, I don't know the name of that flower. It was a tree, I do know that. I have pictures that show more of the tree if you're interested in seeing them.

I like your "name"! Visited your blog and enjoyed the meme you posted today. I may use it soon.

Michael K. Althouse said...

That would be a PERFECT ride on my motorcycle. A must add to the List of Places to Visit Before I Die.

Michele sent me,

Mike