Monday, December 10, 2007

How was YOUR Monday?

Ok, here's how my day went. I hear a very loud noise at 9:00 am. I'm thinking earthquake, a four-year old boy at my house is thinking "really big truck". So for the next 10 min I'm watching the local tv channels to see if they say anything about an earthquake. They didn't, so I went with "really big truck". Five minutes later a cop is banging on the side of my house telling me that a car drove through the house directly behind me, (see picture below) broke a gas line, and that we need to evacuate NOW. Well, I've got two little kids here and it's cold outside. They needed to get their shoes and coats on, I needed to forward my home phone to my cell phone, I grabbed a couple snacks and some juice boxes, a book and toy for each of the kids, and we left. Hubby has the van, and I don't have carseats. So we pile in the pickup and drive to where they tell us to park. 15 minutes later they walk up to my truck and I'm thinking, oh good, we can go home. Nope, they're telling me there's some problem getting the gas line shut off, and I should go to the catholic church a block away. Well, there I sat from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm trying to entertain two kids. I spent a lot of time on the phone calling five sets of parents to let them know what's going on, then they'd call me back to get updates and talk about whether they should come pick up their kids. Then I start to worry about the bigger kids coming on the bus after school, so I call two different schools to find out if they can be dropped off at this church if it looks like I won't be home at 3:30 - you know, planning ahead. Luckily I was home by 1:45, so that wasn't an issue. To top it all off, I had an eye doctor appointment at 5:45 which I totally forgot about. (With the day I had, can you blame me?) They called me about 5:55 and I did end up going. Now my eyes are dilated and I can hardly see what I'm typing.

Wow, what a day. Must be Monday.

2 comments:

DrillerAA said...

This is just too scary!!! This morning someone side swiped the two cars behind me and missed me by inches.
I'm glad everyone at your end is OK. Try to get some rest.

TLR said...

Wow, Joyce! That had to be a horrible day.

So glad that it is over for you.