Monday, November 5, 2007

Second Blog Post - Ever

No, I won't be enumerating all my blog posts! LOL.

Ok, I tweeked it a little bit, and what you see is what you get. It looks like a ginormous butterfly landed on your monitor. I've come to realize that the people who have the cool, pretty graphics have purchased software. Me? I'm a cheapskate. This is it.

I still don't know if anyone reads these. I mean, I can send emails to people I know and tell them to come here, but does anyone just find someone's blog randomly?

I read three other people's blogs. Heart And Thistle , Ficken Chingers and Idol Blog Live .

The first one is mostly about food. (One of my favorite topics!) It is written by a very dear friend of mine, Lisa, with whom I spent Kindergarten through 9th grade in Southern California. She's an awesome cook and generously shares her wonderful recipes.

The second one is also written by a friend, but one I've never met in person. She's a blog friend I "met" through the third blog I mentioned above. (I'll get to that one in a minute.) Her name is Angie, and she writes about whatever is on her mind that day. She's funny and has a unique way of looking at things. She's very much an open book when it comes to her family and her daily life. A fun read.

The third one is, well, a blog about American Idol. It's written by a guy we call Slim who lives in New York. His blog is THE place to go for anything American Idol. He posts pretty much every day, but the best time to visit is during the East Coast broadcast of the show. We all discuss our opinions of not only the singing, but what the contestants are wearing, how they did their hair, and whether they have "star" potential. Ok, so the girls on the blog discuss that stuff. The guys could care less. Correction... if a contestant is "hot", expect Slim to post her picture a thousand different times. Overall, it's just a fun community to be involved in.

Hey, this is kinda fun! Well, until next time...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the "shout out" and the nice words. :) The links don't work, though. I have to go pick up Jameson in a few, but when I come back, I will show you how to make the links work. At least I THINK I can help.

Joyce said...

Yippee-Kay-Yay! I managed to fix them myself. Thanks, Angie, for pointing that out. Thanks also for reading and commenting! :)