Sunday, November 18, 2007

Whaddya want for Christmas?

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. For some people this might seem early, but I feel like I'm a little late this year. I try -- emphasis on TRY -- to get it done before Thanksgiving to avoid the crowds.

The crowds! Maybe I've become an old fuddy-duddy, but my gawd, people. First there are the large groups who decide to have a caucus right in the middle of the walkway, and seem to have no earthly idea that there are actually other people in the mall trying to get by. Then there are the couples with children running freely, going where they please without a care. Now don't get me wrong, I do like kids. And that's why I don't want to trip over yours as he's zig-zagging back and forth down the aisles. That brings me to the screaming, sometimes screeching, kids. Ok, I know.... kids sometimes have meltdowns. I get that. I realize it can't be helped. But that doesn't make it less annoying. And last, but certainly not least, there are the old farts senior citizens. God bless 'em, but they have no clue sometimes. I'd hate to bump one while trying to get by and and cause a broken hip.

Oh, there are other categories. The teenagers, the people with strollers... Not to mention the help in some of those stores. Don't even get me started.

I have 29 names on my Christmas list. If that's not enough, I have 5 birthday gifts to buy between Nov 26th and Dec 28th, bringing my count up to 34. I end up spending over $1,000 each year. That's why I like to start early!

1 comment:

DrillerAA said...

We're way, way late this year. I try to solve some of the issues by shopping online. I AM an old fuddy-duddy. My 61st birthday is tomorrow, so I've got a legitimate reason for being a grumpy old man.