Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Storm Large in Cabaret

Did you watch RockStar SuperNova? If you did, you'll remember Storm Large. I think she came in 3rd place. Anyway, she's from Portland, Oregon (where I'm from), and she was cast in the lead of the Broadway musical, Cabaret, playing here at the Gerding Theater.

I went to see it on Saturday with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. Can I just say ... OUTSTANDING! She was incredible in the role. There was one solo where she pretty much knocked our socks off. The whole musical was good. All I knew about it was that they spend much of it in lingerie, and that they sing that Cabaret song. You know... "Life is a cabaret, old chum. Come to the cabaret." So I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it. Our same trio had gone to see Molly Ringwald in Sweet Charity a few months ago, and -- eh, not so much. But Cabaret ROCKED!

Oh, and we were in the 3rd row!! Woo Hoo!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ha..Storm Large. I haven't heard that name in a long time. Sounds like a great show, though. I'd like to see it.

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogging world Joyce. Blog looks great and thanks for the plug and the wonderful review of my idol blog. Keep up the great work and if you have any questions or need help with your blog don't hesitate to ask. You know I will help as much as I can.