Thursday, November 8, 2007

Snip, snip. Glug, glug

I have an appointment to have my hair cut tonight. I hate getting my hair cut. First, it's so hard to describe to them how I want it, so I usually end up saying, "just trim it up." Then they do, and I don't like it. First of all, they don't style it the way I do. Didn't they look at my hair when I walked in the door? I like it a little fluffy with the ends flipped up a little, they do it flat and straight. Yes, I know I could say something, but I usually get it cut in the evening, and I'm just gonna wash and re-do it in the morning, so why bother. And then when I get it all done in the morning, I see sections that are uneven, not enough layering, bangs could've been shorter, etc. Frustrating.

Filling up my car with gas is another task I could do without. Here in Oregon, we're not allowed to fill it up ourselves. You'd think that would make it better, but it just makes it boring. I have to sit in the car and wait till the kid decides to come over. Invariably, he ends up helping someone before me who drove in after me. Then I'm at his mercy again when the pump clicks off. I realize it's only 5 or 10 minutes out of my life, but for some reason it seems like an hour. My solution? Leave it near empty and hope my husband fills it up.

If only he could get my hair cut for me.....

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! Really?? You only have full-service gas stations in Oregon? I did not know that. That would drive me crazy, too. I like to pull in, jump out, get the gas and be gone.

Oh, I HATE getting my hair cut. Hate it! For slightly different reasons, but still, I can't stand it.

Joyce said...

That's what people always think... "full service". Not so much. It's not like pulling into the full service island in any other state where they check your oil, wash your windows, etc. (I dunno, I lived in California until 1978 and that's what they did in the full service island). No, all it amounts to is they have a guy, kid, idiot (oops, did I say that?) to stick the nozzle in the hole for you. Sounds kinky, but it's not.

Another Oregon factoid... we don't have sales tax.

DrillerAA said...

Does the semi-service attendant speak English?
In Arkansas, full service means that they have the bucket and squigee available for you to clean your own windshield.
Factoid, Texas doesn't have a state income tax.
Again, nice looking blog Joyce. See ya at Slim's Place in January.